Posted to user@shale.apache.org by Adrian Gonzalez <ad...@yahoo.fr> on 2009/04/29 00:07:12 UTC

Re : [ANNOUNCE] Apache Shale To Move To the Attic

You should take a serious look at seam (at least read all the documentation if you need to change your codebase) before taking another framework on top of jsf.

http://docs.jboss.com/seam/2.1.1.GA/reference/en-US/html/

The framework is very powerfull (but complicated, and you should do perf. benchmarks).
To use it with facelets / ajax4jsf / richfaces.

conversation management
get functionnality and page actions
remoting (proprietary protocol)
powerfull navigation with exception handling
good jpa (urgh... hibernate) integration
validation with Hibernate Validator (this is a goog one !)
security (authentication / authz)
spring integration if need be

and much more...

________________________________
De : Cyril Bouteille <cy...@travelmuse.com>
À : Greg Reddin <gr...@gmail.com>
Cc : "user@shale.apache.org" <us...@shale.apache.org>
Envoyé le : Mardi, 28 Avril 2009, 23h31mn 13s
Objet : Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Shale To Move To the Attic

Hi Greg, what features of Seam do you feel match Shale's VC or Remoting?
I also understand ajax4jsf to be returning only HTML fragments per architecture. We've a lot of Shale Remoting function returning JSON and I'm not sure how we would do that in RichFaces...
We do have a couple of outstanding bugs with Shale and unfortunately not much time to contribute :-( , so folks like me will have to migrate to some other framework that's still actively maintained.

Re : Re : [ANNOUNCE] Apache Shale To Move To the Attic

Posted by Adrian Gonzalez <ad...@yahoo.fr>.
I'm not used to Shale dialogs.

Perhaps using jpdl ? (and not jbpm !) (jpdl = page flows)
http://docs.jboss.com/seam/2.1.1.GA/reference/en-US/html/jbpm.html

We've used jpdl once 1.5 year ago, there where issues concerning exception handling (not done at pages.xml).
But it has surely be resolved since.

________________________________
De : "mario.buonopane@accenture.com" <ma...@accenture.com>
À : user@shale.apache.org
Envoyé le : Mercredi, 29 Avril 2009, 9h32mn 10s
Objet : RE: Re : [ANNOUNCE] Apache Shale To Move To the Attic

Hi, how can migrate Shale dialogs in seam?

Mario

De : Cyril Bouteille <cy...@travelmuse.com>
À : Greg Reddin <gr...@gmail.com>
Cc : "user@shale.apache.org" <us...@shale.apache.org>