Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Andrew Wang <an...@cloudera.com> on 2017/09/01 18:53:11 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Branches and versions for Hadoop 3

Hi folks,

We've landed two of our beta1 features, S3Guard and TSv2, into trunk. Jian
just sent out the vote for our remaining beta1 feature, YARN native
services, but I think it's time to branch to unblock the resource profiles
merge to 3.1.

I'll cut just branch-3.0 for now, since we don't have anything urgent that
needs to go into 3.0.0-beta1 vs. 3.0.0 GA.

Cheers,
Andrew