Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org> on 2005/07/04 06:34:22 UTC

[email] progress on 1.0 release?

Hi Dion,

How are things going with the 1.0 release of email?

I see dumbster-1.6 is now on ibiblio/maven, and is compiled with java
1.3. And as far as I can see you've already addressed all of the issues
raised during the review of RC4.

Is there any other issue holding up RC5 that I could help with?

Regards,

Simon

Re: [email] progress on 1.0 release?

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
Nope, I think it's now just up to packaging and putting up an RC.

I've got limited time this week as the kids have school holidays and
I'm spending lots with them. So if it's left up to me, it may not be
until next week.

Anyone else should feel free though!

On 7/4/05, Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Dion,
>
> How are things going with the 1.0 release of email?
>
> I see dumbster-1.6 is now on ibiblio/maven, and is compiled with java
> 1.3. And as far as I can see you've already addressed all of the issues
> raised during the review of RC4.
>
> Is there any other issue holding up RC5 that I could help with?
>
> Regards,
>
> Simon

Bernard Shaw

Re: [email] progress on 1.0 release?

Posted by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org>.
Hi Dion,

I'm very sad to hear about your father; my best wishes to you both.

See you when you're ready....

Simon

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
Sorry it's been a while since I've been able to do much on email.

My dad is currently in intensive care @ the hospital in a critical
condition and has been for more than a week.

Hopefully I'l l get back to it RSN.

On 7/6/05, robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 13:17 +1200, Simon Kitching wrote:
> > On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 11:11 +1000, Dion Gillard wrote:
> > > Is everyone ok with me doing a distribution for 1.0-RC5 and placing it
> > > up for public consumption on people.apache.org/~dion ?
> > > I'm currently going through
> > > http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/releases/prepare.html and making
> > > sure it's all ready.
> >
> > This thread:
> > http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-commons-dev&m=111955501823405&w=
> > seems clear there is agreement for a release and no objections to you as
> > release manager. Go for it!
>
> +1
>
> - robert

Bernard Shaw

Re: [email] progress on 1.0 release?

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 13:17 +1200, Simon Kitching wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 11:11 +1000, Dion Gillard wrote:
> > Is everyone ok with me doing a distribution for 1.0-RC5 and placing it
> > up for public consumption on people.apache.org/~dion ?
> > I'm currently going through
> > http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/releases/prepare.html and making
> > sure it's all ready.
>
> This thread:
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-commons-dev&m=111955501823405&w=
> seems clear there is agreement for a release and no objections to you as
> release manager. Go for it!

+1

- robert

Re: [email] progress on 1.0 release?

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
Hi, I filed an enhancement in Bugzilla today from Sigfried Goeschl
that would be great to get in before the 1.0 release.

It's a very minor API enhancement to make commons email more usable in
environments like fulcrum.

What do you think?

On 7/24/05, Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/24/05, robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> > hi dion
> >
> > On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 21:13 +1000, Dion Gillard wrote:
> > > Yes. I have the source at a point where I'm happy to build an RC and
> > > make it available, however I have very limited time at that moment, as
> > > I'm spending a large amount of time with my father who is in critical
> > > care in hospital.
> >
> > i'm really sorry to hear that. please don't feel under any pressure to
> > make time for ASF work at a time like this.
>
> ;-)
>
> I'm keeping really busy making sure my mum is ok at the moment.
>
> > if you think that the code's fine, then i can easily cut the RC and so
> > on if that'd make things easier for you. let me know.
>
> That would be fantastic.
>
> > take care
>
> Thanks.
> >
> > - robert

> "You are going to let the fear of poverty govern your life and your
> reward will be that you will eat, but you will not live." - George
> Bernard Shaw

Bernard Shaw

Re: [email] progress on 1.0 release?

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On Sun, 2005-07-24 at 08:04 +1000, Dion Gillard wrote:
> On 7/24/05, robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> > hi dion
> >
> > On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 21:13 +1000, Dion Gillard wrote:
> > > Yes. I have the source at a point where I'm happy to build an RC and
> > > make it available, however I have very limited time at that moment, as
> > > I'm spending a large amount of time with my father who is in critical
> > > care in hospital.
> >
> > i'm really sorry to hear that. please don't feel under any pressure to
> > make time for ASF work at a time like this.
>
> ;-)
>
> I'm keeping really busy making sure my mum is ok at the moment.
>
> > if you think that the code's fine, then i can easily cut the RC and so
> > on if that'd make things easier for you. let me know.
>
> That would be fantastic.

i'll take a look at this today

- robert

Re: [email] progress on 1.0 release?

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
On 7/24/05, robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> hi dion
>
> On Fri, 2005-07-22 at 21:13 +1000, Dion Gillard wrote:
> > Yes. I have the source at a point where I'm happy to build an RC and
> > make it available, however I have very limited time at that moment, as
> > I'm spending a large amount of time with my father who is in critical
> > care in hospital.
>
> i'm really sorry to hear that. please don't feel under any pressure to
> make time for ASF work at a time like this.

;-)

I'm keeping really busy making sure my mum is ok at the moment.

> if you think that the code's fine, then i can easily cut the RC and so
> on if that'd make things easier for you. let me know.

That would be fantastic.

> take care

Thanks.

> - robert

Bernard Shaw

Re: [email] progress on 1.0 release?

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
hi dion

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
Yes. I have the source at a point where I'm happy to build an RC and
make it available, however I have very limited time at that moment, as
I'm spending a large amount of time with my father who is in critical
care in hospital.

Once I have the dist process automated with md5 and gpg signing, and a
spare hour or two, I'll cut the next RC and start the voting process.

Sorry for the delays.

On 7/22/05, Emmanouil Batsis <Em...@eurodyn.com> wrote:

> Any plans on this? I'm sure many would like to have a "normal" release
> in their project due to policies etc.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Manos

Bernard Shaw

Re: [email] progress on 1.0 release?

Posted by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 11:11 +1000, Dion Gillard wrote:
> Is everyone ok with me doing a distribution for 1.0-RC5 and placing it
> up for public consumption on people.apache.org/~dion ?
> I'm currently going through
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/releases/prepare.html and making
> sure it's all ready.

This thread:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-commons-dev&m=111955501823405&w=
seems clear there is agreement for a release and no objections to you as
release manager. Go for it!

Cheers,

Posted by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
Is everyone ok with me doing a distribution for 1.0-RC5 and placing it
up for public consumption on people.apache.org/~dion ?
I'm currently going through
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/releases/prepare.html and making
sure it's all ready.

On 7/4/05, Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Dion,
>
> How are things going with the 1.0 release of email?
>
> I see dumbster-1.6 is now on ibiblio/maven, and is compiled with java
> 1.3. And as far as I can see you've already addressed all of the issues
> raised during the review of RC4.
>
> Is there any other issue holding up RC5 that I could help with?
>
> Regards,
>
> Simon

Bernard Shaw

Re: [email] progress on 1.0 release?

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
Is everyone ok with me doing a distribution for 1.0-RC5 and placing it
up for public consumption on people.apache.org/~dion ?
I'm currently going through
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/releases/prepare.html and making
sure it's all ready.

On 7/4/05, Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Dion,
>
> How are things going with the 1.0 release of email?
>
> I see dumbster-1.6 is now on ibiblio/maven, and is compiled with java
> 1.3. And as far as I can see you've already addressed all of the issues
> raised during the review of RC4.
>
> Is there any other issue holding up RC5 that I could help with?
>
> Regards,
>
> Simon

Bernard Shaw