Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by kunter gunt <ku...@yahoo.com> on 2006/11/02 10:44:24 UTC

setting a value in a form using commandlink

hi,

I try to pass when clicked a value from a list (DataTable) to one of the forms fields on the page.
I used a
            <h:commandLink id="nummernBereichKeyCommand" actionListener="#{tag.processAction}" value="#{nummernBereich.value}" action="nummernBereichAction" immediate="true"/>
to call the actionlistener, then got the row i clicked from the DataTable and put the correct value into the attribute of the bean.
so far everything fine.

But for some reason during this request/response cycle no getters and setters of any of the attributes of the bean are called.
So the attribute in the bean holds the new value, the UI does not!
(The form is submitted by javascript from the commandLink tag (standard functionality). Any values entered in the form won't be lost.)

When I use a refresh button for test purposes the getters an setters work fine (but the value from the table is lost of course because the setters are called).

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

gunter

Re: setting a value in a form using commandlink

Posted by Jeff Bischoff <jb...@klkurz.com>.
There is a workaround for this (while still using immediate="true"). See
[1].

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/ClearInputComponents

Regards,

Jeff Bischoff