Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by ajay bhadauria <ab...@yahoo.com> on 2008/12/11 15:03:26 UTC

XQuery question

Hi,

I need to use Xquery in my application. I do not know whether xalan supports XQuery implementations ? If xalan does not support XQuery then what are options I have ?

If I need to implement Xquery processor, is there any source which I could read and can write my own XQuery processor.

Thanks a lot
Ajay

Re: XQuery question

Posted by Elliotte Harold <el...@metalab.unc.edu>.
ajay bhadauria wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need to use Xquery in my application. I do not know whether xalan supports XQuery implementations ? If xalan does not support XQuery then what are options I have ?

No, Xalan does not. Saxon is likely your best option for a standalone
XQuery processor.

Refactoring HTML Just Published!
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=0321503635/ref=nosim/cafeaulaitA

RE: XQuery question

Posted by Steve Carton <st...@retrievalsystems.com>.
Look at Saxon -- Michael Kay has a good implementation of XQuery.

Steve
http://tractare.blogspot.com <http://tractare.blogspot.com/>

________________________________

Probably would have been more appropriate to ask this question on the
Xalan mailing list, though as far as I know there is no solution in
Apache.

Michael Glavassevich
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab