Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Nicolae Marasoiu <ni...@kepler-rominfo.com> on 2009/05/28 16:19:53 UTC

PCLRenderer warning on custom paper size

Hello;

In the attached fo xml I define a custom paper size of 95 by 254 milimeters, which is the format of a preprinted legal paper we need to fill with some information that is afterwards over-printed on the preprinted note.

When running the FO through Apache-FOP 0.95 I get the following error:

May 28, 2009 4:53:41 PM org.apache.fop.render.pcl.PCLRenderer selectPageFormat
WARNING: Paper type could not be determined. Falling back to: Legal

Can I define other papers? I see the comment: "TODO Add envelope definitions".

Apparently one way is to hack the FOP. The other, maybe it will work with other page size, but this is not very clean of course.

What is your advice?

My second question: how do I print the PCL from JAVA? Naturally, for the effective printing I will use JPS? Can JPS be directly fed or even piped from FOP? The FOP_PRINT mime directly prints, this is why I ask. The piping is probably doable by Java streams.

Thanks,
Nicu Marasoiu

RE: PCLRenderer warning on custom paper size

Posted by Nicolae Marasoiu <ni...@kepler-rominfo.com>.
Hello again;

I have yet another question: direct printing (application/X-fop-print) seems to work, but it spooles a much larger quantity (200KB instead of max 20K of other data: pdf, ps, png, pcl,..). Why does it write such a large printing data? The application will spool this over the country at low bandwithds.

What can I do to compress this?

Thank,
nicu