Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org> on 2021/05/12 14:02:04 UTC

Extensions section on the downloads page

Igniters, Val,

I came across the Extensions section that was restored on the downloads
page. It looks clumsy, broken, and incomplete. We're listing spring boot
artifacts without any reference to other modules:
https://ignite.apache.org/download.cgi#extensions

How about:

   - Removing the code snippets of the Spring Boot extensions
   - Add a paragraph and a list with references to all the extensions we
   have documented on our pages. See extensions and integrations section:
   https://ignite.apache.org/docs/latest/

@Igor Gusev <ig...@gridgain.com>, @Nikita Safonov
<ns...@gridgain.com> could
you also join this thread?

-
Denis

Re: Extensions section on the downloads page

Posted by Ivan Daschinsky <iv...@gmail.com>.
Do be honest, python (and other clients) section should be reworked
(i.e. popup with simple copy-paster command like `pip install`) and
optional manual downloads (may be popup for
packages for different platforms). My web design skills are not very
good and I'm afraid I don't have enough time for it. If it is ok that
links to thin clients cannot be found on download page, let it be.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ivan Daschinsky <iv...@gmail.com>.
>> What exactly are you trying to do?
Denis, what I wanted I have described here --

Posted by Ivan Daschinsky <iv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ivan Daschinsky <iv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.