Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Bogdan Irimie <ir...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/12 10:09:29 UTC

Zookeeper 3.5.3-beta reconfigure command

Hi,

I have installed Zookeeper 3.5.3-beta and tried the `reconfigure` command by using `reconfig -add server.5=125.23.63.123` inside zkCli.sh. When using the mentioned command, I get `KeeperErrorCode = Unimplemented`.
The documentation I have fallowed is: https://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/trunk/zookeeperReconfig.html <https://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/trunk/zookeeperReconfig.html>

Is there something I am missing here or is the `reconfigure —add ...` command not implemented yet in the beta?

Best regards,
Bogdan Irimie

Re: Zookeeper 3.5.3-beta reconfigure command

Posted by Michael Han <ha...@apache.org>.
Please note that the link to the trunk doc
https://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/trunk/zookeeperReconfig.html is very out
of date - please use the documents packaged within the release.

In 3.5.3 beta we disabled the reconfig by default, to use it you need
enable the feature first (see the doc in the release for how.). If you
don't enable the feature while trying to execute the reconfig command line,
something like "reconfig is disabled" should be printed on the CLI, and we
should not get a "Unimplemented" error.