Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "John F. Berry" <bo...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2018/10/04 13:55:06 UTC

Consuming MLLP uri cannot be "seen" with localhost or 127.0.0.1 from external

I have an external system sending HL7 messages via MLLP (I could use netty) and if I specify localhost or 127.0.0.1 the external system says the port is not open.  If I use hostname, it works fine.

from("mllp://HOSTNAME:8888")         This works
from("mllp://localhost:8888")  this doesn't (for the external system anyway)

Is this a limitation of the mllp package I'm using, or just "nature of the beast" camel behavior.
I'd like not to have to specify hostname explicitly so I can run this on any machine I execute it on.
I assume it's exposing the port with the explicit hostname, since it has to resolve it "further out" on the networking level than localhost?

Thanks!

Re: [Solved] Consuming MLLP uri cannot be "seen" with localhost or 127.0.0.1 from external

Posted by Quinn Stevenson <qu...@pronoia-solutions.com>.
You can also use from(“mlll://8888”) and camel-mllp will create the InetSocketAddress without specific a host, so it should work as well.

HTH

RE: Consuming MLLP uri cannot be "seen" with localhost or 127.0.0.1 from external