Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Nirmal Kumar <ni...@impetus.co.in> on 2015/12/02 13:46:43 UTC

Heart beat issue with Oozie

Hi All,

I have a 3 node Hadoop-2.6.0 cluster with each Node having 32GB and 8 Cores.

yarn-site.xml
===========
    <property>
        <name>yarn.resourcemanager.scheduler.class</name>
        <value>org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.scheduler.capacity.CapacityScheduler</value>
    </property>

    <property>
        <name>yarn.nodemanager.resource.memory-mb</name>
        <value>24576</value>
    </property>

  <property>
        <name>yarn.scheduler.minimum-allocation-mb</name>
        <value>2048</value>
    </property>
  <property>
        <name>yarn.nodemanager.vmem-pmem-ratio</name>
        <value>4</value>
    </property>

mapred-site.xml
==============
<property>
        <name>mapred.reduce.java.opts</name>
        <value>-Xmx6144m -XX:-UseGCOverheadLimit -XX:+UseCompressedOops</value>
    </property>
    <property>
        <name>mapreduce.map.log.level</name>
        <value>ERROR</value>
    </property>
    <property>
        <name>mapreduce.reduce.memory.mb</name>
        <value>8192</value>
    </property>
    <property>
        <name>mapreduce.map.memory.mb</name>
        <value>4096</value>
    </property>
    <property>
        <name>mapreduce.framework.name</name>
        <value>yarn</value>
    </property>
    <property>
        <name>mapreduce.map.java.opts</name>
        <value>-Xmx3072m</value>
    </property>
    <property>
        <name>mapreduce.reduce.input.buffer.percent</name>
        <value>0.7</value>
    </property>

Hadoop shows:
[cid:image001.png@01D12D2A.8CC370B0]

But still I keep getting the Heart beat issue.

>>> Invoking Main class now >>>

Main class        : com.test.oozie.action.java.ShellCommandExecuter
Arguments         :
                    root
                    pass
                    22
                    192.xxx.xxx.xxx
                    /tmp/test/WorkFlow1449055033241
                    shell14490550336199945.sh

ShellCommandExecuter Args Length :::6
Heart beat
Heart beat
Heart beat
Heart beat
Heart beat
Heart beat
Heart beat
Heart beat
Heart beat
Heart beat
Heart beat

Q1: Is this Heat beat issue specific to Oozie ONLY?
Reason I am asking this is since my other MR jobs(SQOOP command fired independently or HQLs) are getting executed successfully.
But a simple Java Action when triggered from Oozie hangs with Heart beat.

Q2: I read somewhere that the Heart beat issue comes in case we have limited resources like in a single node Hadoop installation. There we can use fair Scheduler.
Reference: https://community.cloudera.com/t5/Batch-Processing-and-Workflow/Oozie-sqoop-action-in-CDH-5-2-Heart-beat-issue/td-p/22181
But I think the Heart beat issue should not be coming as I have a 3 Node Hadoop cluster with ample resources.

Any pointers to the root cause would be of great help for me.

Thanks,
-Nirmal