Posted to dev@esme.apache.org by "Hirsch, Richard" <ri...@siemens.com> on 2009/01/24 09:45:16 UTC

Semantic Web and Microblogging: Plug-in candidate?

I found an interesting project that uses semantic web technology on microblogging: sublog

		s?Blog is an effort to combine ideas about microblogging, messaging and the sematic web into a practical tool ready for everyday work.

		s?Blog listens for messages across standard internet protocols (e.g. XMPP, IMAP) and does useful things depending on the meaning of the messages it receives.

		https://www.ohloh.net/p/sublog

This may sound similar to our action functionaliy but it is more based on semantic web technpology. This is a java-based project on Google Code (Apache 2.0 license) that might be a perfect candidate for a plug-in. It could be used to create new tags on messages that increase the ability of users to search and find information more effecienctly

I think @Daniel has already contacted the developer.

Thoughts?

D.