Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Jo...@Regions.com on 2003/12/08 17:10:31 UTC

Move only modified files

This seems like a basic question, but I haven't been able to find it in
the user list search...

When we do a build, we want to only include files that have changed when
compared to a target.  The reason for doing this is keeping the size of
the buildfile manageable, reduce time when doing a deployment in a
production environment, and reduce the number of times we have reboot our
app server.

An example:
ANT compares the source files versus target files, and the changed files
are copied to a staging directory.

Thanks-
John