Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Amit Oberoi <ao...@TechMahindra.com> on 2010/12/23 06:55:30 UTC

How do a create an Object of standalone java class in my JSP page.

Greeting All,

I am new to Struts and developing my first web application. I have stuck
into a decisive loop where-in I'm confused as to how should I create an
object of a class in my standalone JSP page.

What I want to do:

1.       I have a registerUser.jsp page which will accept userId,
Password, email and other relevant attributes to create an account.

2.       On the same page I am having a drop down (<html:select>) as
"Stream Name" which requests user to specify which Stream does he comes
from.

3.       The Values for this drop down has to come from the database;
for which I have create a standalone Java Class StreamList with a
function getStreamNames() which would return an ArrayList

4.       I want to create an object of the StreamList class and call the
function getStreamNames to populate the values for <html: select> drop
down.

Can anyone assist me with a better approach to achieve this; my only
intention is to avoid writing snippets.

Regards

Amit Oberoi

Re: RE: How do a create an Object of standalone java class in my JSP page.

Posted by Brian Thompson <el...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 1:12 PM, Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 12:29 PM, Brian Thompson wrote:
>
> > How could you tell he was using Struts 1?
> >

> Because of these:

> Besides the taglib prefix (which is a /strong/ hint, but not conclusive),
> there's no <s:options> tag in S2.
>
> http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/tag-reference.html
>
> Furthermore, the smear of mud on the bottom of the fine gentleman's shoe
> came clearly *not* from a quarry as he has claimed, but rather a cricket
> pitch built on soil found *only* in County Limpshire. And not *only* that,
> but more specifically located, coincidentally, on the very grounds upon
> which our beloved Ms. Barnacle's life was so rudely interrupted.
>
> This, plus the contents of the good sir's left vest pocket, which I believe
> to contain nothing other than the earring missing from our poor, deceased
> Barnacle's left ear, prove *conclusively* that the good sir *was*, in fact,
> on the grounds of Barnacle Manors, and did, also in fact, bludgeon our dear
> Barnacle with her own facial massager.
>
> To the pub, Watson, I has a thirst!

LOL ... are you sure today isn't Punchy Friday? :P

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brian Thompson <el...@gmail.com>.
How could you tell he was using Struts 1?

-Brian

Posted by Dave Newton <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Amit Oberoi <ao...@TechMahindra.com>.
Dave,