Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Arunkumar Pillai <ar...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/04 12:21:51 UTC

[Spark 1.6] Mismatch in kurtosis values

Hi

I have observed that kurtosis values coming from apache spark has a
difference of 3.

The value coming from excel and in R as same values(11.333)  but the
kurtosis value coming from spark1.6 differs by 3 (8.333).

Please let me know if I'm doing something wrong.

I'm executing via sqlcontext.sql("select kurtosis(columnname) from
tablename)

--
Thanks and Regards
        Arun

Re: [Spark 1.6] Mismatch in kurtosis values

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.
It's returning excess kurtosis and not the fourth moment, strictly
speaking. I don't have docs in front of me to check but if that's not
documented it should be.