Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by KRIS MUSSHORN <mu...@comcast.net> on 2016/09/02 17:40:40 UTC

failed to load core

I am unable to start a core due to an error and can't seem to fix it.

i am using solr 5.4.1 in schema mode.

<schemaFactory class="ClassicIndexSchemaFactory"/> is enabled and managed schema is commented out in solrconfig.xml
<!--
<schemaFactory class="ManagedIndexSchemaFactory">
<bool name="mutable">true</bool>
<str name="managedSchemaResourceName">managed-schema</str>
</schemaFactory>
-->

When starting the solr server I get error for something wrong with solr.StopFilterFactory definition for text_general
Please see attached console log.
My schema.xml and solrconfig file are also attached.

I have tried enablePositionIncrements="true" , enablePositionIncrements="false' and removed it entirely from the filters and analyzers of the text_general type definition with no change in the error.

How can i fix this?

TIA

Kris

Re: failed to load core

Posted by Rajendra Gaikwad <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi KRIS,
I noticed three issue with your schema.xml as follows:
1. enablePositionIncrements is not a valid option, please remove it from
all StopFilter defination.
2. invalid multivalued="true" attribute to "text_general" fieldType, remove
it.
3. Two fields metatag.description and metatag.keywords are of fieldType
"text", which is missing in schema.xml

Removing invalid attributes and add missing field type,will work for you.

Thanks,
Rajendra Gaikwad

Thanks,
Rajendra Gaikwad