Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by simon <mi...@apache.org> on 2023/12/23 15:26:35 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache HugeGraph (Incubating) 1.2.0 rc1

Hello Incubator Community,

This is a call for vote to release Apache HugeGraph (Incubating) version
1.2.0

The Apache HugeGraph community has voted on and approved a proposal to
release Apache HugeGraph(Incubating) version 1.2.0

We now kindly request the Incubator PMC members review and vote on this
incubator release.

HugeGraph community vote thread:
- https://lists.apache.org/thread/mnxld09b2ozwldcxb0rpp6s7cdbdnvsw

Vote result thread:
- https://lists.apache.org/thread/wns67scpfvcltk33pl403jl48pd0hc61

The release candidate:
- https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hugegraph/1.2.0/

Git tag & Commit hash for the release:
- https://github.com/apache/incubator-hugegraph/tree/1.2.0  (7635c67)
- https://github.com/apache/incubator-hugegraph-toolchain/tree/1.2.0
 (f85dcf3)
- https://github.com/apache/incubator-hugegraph-computer/tree/1.2.0
 (0500fec)
- https://github.com/apache/incubator-hugegraph-commons/tree/1.2.0
 (33fa9ed)

Release notes:
- https://hugegraph.apache.org/docs/changelog/hugegraph-1.2.0-release-notes/

Keys to verify the Release Candidate:
- https://downloads.apache.org/incubator/hugegraph/KEYS

The release GPG user ID: simon (ming@apache.org)

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until the necessary number
of votes are reached.

Please vote accordingly:
[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

More detail checklist please refer:
-
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/Incubator+Release+Checklist

Steps to validate the release,Please refer to:
English Version:
-
https://hugegraph.apache.org/docs/contribution-guidelines/validate-release/
Chinese Version:
-
https://hugegraph.apache.org/cn/docs/contribution-guidelines/validate-release/

Thanks,
On behalf of Apache HugeGraph(Incubating) community

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache HugeGraph (Incubating) 1.2.0 rc1

Posted by Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the clarification Willem and Justin, I've updated the Incubator
Release Checklist document [1] accordingly.

I hereby withdraw my -1 and below is my updated vote:

+1 (binding)

- Checked sum and signatures: OK

- Checked DISCLAIMER file exists: OK

- Checked LICENSE and NOTICE files: OK

- Checked no binary files in source package: OK

- Checked release file name and location: OK
- Checked compile from source: OK (JDK 11u21)
  * Note: hugegraph-computer requires java 11 to compile but the current
document [2] doesn't mention this (java 11 is marked as recommended but not
required), and I suggest adding some notes. The other source packages could
be compiled by java 8u101.

Best Regards,
Yu

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/Incubator+Release+Checklist
[2]
https://hugegraph.apache.org/docs/contribution-guidelines/validate-release/

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Only the release artifacts need incubating in their name.

Kind Regards,
Justin

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache HugeGraph (Incubating) 1.2.0 rc1

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Yu,

"Do release files have the word incubating in their name?" is for the
release kits, not the maven artifacts. I think we can polish the
checklist for it.
The examples that you showed are all the maven artifacts version,
which is not required for the incubator release kit check.

Just my 2 cents.

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Posted by Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com>.

Posted by PJ Fanning <fa...@apache.org>.

Posted by Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com>.
-1 (binding)

Posted by Shiming Zhang <mi...@apache.org>.
Hi Incubator PMC mentors,
    We are fixing issues Justin and Yu Li  mentioned and thank you for participating in the voting. The voting has been completed, and I will close this thread.

Simon Cheung

Posted by David Zollo <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 binding, I checked:

- incubating in name
- download links are valid
- DISCLAIMER file exists
- no unexpected binary files

Best Regards

---------------

Posted by Trista Pan <pa...@apache.org>.
+ binding, I checked:

[x] Download links are valid.
[x] Checksums and PGP signatures are valid.
[x] LICENSE, NOTICE and DISCLAIMER files exist and fine.
[ ] All files have license headers if necessary. ( Please consider fixing these issues Justin mentioned, Thanks.)
[x] No unexpected binary files.
[ ] Source code building successfully. (I didn’t build on my stack)

Trista Pan
Twitter & Github: tristaZero

---- Replied Message ----
| From | simon<mi...@apache.org> |
| Date | 12/23/2023 23:26 |
| To | <ge...@incubator.apache.org> |
| Cc | <fa...@apache.org> ,
<lg...@apache.org> ,
<he...@apache.org> ,
<hx...@apache.org> ,
<pa...@apache.org> ,
<li...@apache.org> ,
<ni...@apache.org> ,
<li...@apache.org> |
| Subject | [VOTE] Release Apache HugeGraph (Incubating) 1.2.0 rc1 |
Hello Incubator Community,

This is a call for vote to release Apache HugeGraph (Incubating) version 1.2.0

The Apache HugeGraph community has voted on and approved a proposal to release Apache HugeGraph(Incubating) version 1.2.0