Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Derrick Koes <De...@skillsoft.com> on 2005/05/02 23:00:21 UTC

memory management

I found many questions and answers about this general topic, but my question is more specific I think.

Tomcat 5 comes with a configuration utility which is installed on the start menu on Windows XP under Start-->Programs-->Apache Tomcat 5.0-->Configure Tomcat.  This pop-up has a Java tab which has two memory settings, Initial memory pool and Maximum memory pool.

My question is does the tomcat Windows service obey these settings, or do I have to re-create the service with new memory parameters each time I want to increase the memory (add a web application for example).

Thanks,
Derrick

Re: memory management

Posted by Scott Carr <sc...@progbits.com>.
Derrick Koes wrote:

>I found many questions and answers about this general topic, but my question is more specific I think.
>
>Tomcat 5 comes with a configuration utility which is installed on the start menu on Windows XP under Start-->Programs-->Apache Tomcat 5.0-->Configure Tomcat.  This pop-up has a Java tab which has two memory settings, Initial memory pool and Maximum memory pool.
>
>My question is does the tomcat Windows service obey these settings, or do I have to re-create the service with new memory parameters each time I want to increase the memory (add a web application for example).

The Configure utility sets the service parameters, so after each change,
you will need to restart the service.

Is that what you were asking?

--
Scott Carr