Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by mark <mn...@haskalah.org> on 2011/05/25 18:17:18 UTC

Keep-Alive Pool

 From what I've observed, ATS' keepalive/connection cache only indexes
by the OS server or next proxy server, but not by other types of
connection/transport/socket parameters, specifically in my case,
negotiated SOCKS connections and outgoing connections which are bound to
a specific source IP

Is it possible to have such functionality in the near future? Currently
I've been forced to write my own 'KA gateway' which pretends to be an
HTTP server (to which ATS can maintain unique connections) and have that
do SOCKS/source ip bind()ing for me.

Re: Keep-Alive Pool

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
On 05/25/2011 10:17 AM, mark wrote:
> From what I've observed, ATS' keepalive/connection cache only indexes
> by the OS server or next proxy server, but not by other types of
> connection/transport/socket parameters, specifically in my case,
> negotiated SOCKS connections and outgoing connections which are bound
> to a specific source IP
>
> Is it possible to have such functionality in the near future?
> Currently I've been forced to write my own 'KA gateway' which pretends
> to be an HTTP server (to which ATS can maintain unique connections)
> and have that do SOCKS/source ip bind()ing for me.

Interesting, I don't think anyone has really looked much at the SOCKS
code lately :)

I'd suggest you file an RFE, with as much details as possible (and
patches much appreciated ;). This would not make it in for v3.0, but
certainly we'd land it on trunk for v3.2 if someone worked on it.

Cheers,

-- Leif