Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Kevin Jansz <ke...@exari.com> on 2010/09/16 07:19:51 UTC

choosing a WebdavServlet implementation

Working on a solution that has utilised Slide in the past, I'd been
testing with org.apache.jackrabbit.j2ee.SimpleWebdavServlet in the
jackrabbit webapp and it's been fine for managing the resources over
WebDAV as if they were files and folders. I've now hit limitations
with trying to access information about Versions and ACLs over WebDAV
and was hoping to get advice ...

The org.apache.jackrabbit.j2ee.JCRWebdavServerServlet seems to expose
the full details of the resources but not in the way I'd expect - eg
can't seem to get the content via GET file_path or GET
file_path/jcr:content.

Is the idea that developers use SimpleWebdavServlet &
JCRWebdavServerServlet as the basis for building their own
implementation to their requirements (extending
AbstractWebdavServlet?).

thanks

--
Kevin Jansz
kevin.jansz@exari.com

Test drive our software online - www.exari.com/demo-trial.html
Read our blog on document assembly - blog.exari.com

Re: choosing a WebdavServlet implementation

Posted by Kevin Jansz <ke...@exari.com>.
many thanks, exactly what I was looking for (didn't expect to find it
in the docs).

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,