Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/01 14:51:46 UTC

Re: Loading template file

As far as I know, case sensitivity depends on your filesystem
(operating system) and not on Velocity.

Windows and Mac OS X are case-insensitive.   UNIX-based file systems
are generally case-sensitive, although not all.

Re: Loading template file

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 12:04 PM, Christopher Schultz
<ch...@christopherschultz.net> wrote:
> b) Mac OS X's default filesystem is case-insensitive, but it can be
> changed to case-sensitive
>
> But /I/ sure was surprised to find out that Mac OS X defaulted to a
> case-insensitive filesystem.

Yes, I was shocked to find out myself.  I hit issues with that a month
ago not realizing that it was case-insensitive.

Re: Loading template file

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Mike,

On 9/1/15 8:51 AM, Mike Kienenberger wrote:
> As far as I know, case sensitivity depends on your filesystem
> (operating system) and not on Velocity.
>
> Windows and Mac OS X are case-insensitive.   UNIX-based file systems
> are generally case-sensitive, although not all.

It's worth pointing out that:

a) Mac OS X is UNIX-based

and

b) Mac OS X's default filesystem is case-insensitive, but it can be
changed to case-sensitive

But /I/ sure was surprised to find out that Mac OS X defaulted to a
case-insensitive filesystem.

-chris