Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by chris snow <ch...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/11 11:30:41 UTC

is it ok to commit fixes to 4.0.0-incubating branch?

I have some fixes [1,2] that I'm testing on the 4.0.0-incubating branch.

If these my tests pass, is it ok for me to commit these fixes to the
4.0.0-incubating branch?

---
[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STRATOS-649
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STRATOS-650

Re: is it ok to commit fixes to 4.0.0-incubating branch?

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.
On Sun, May 11, 2014 at 6:35 PM, chris snow <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Imesh, will these fixes go into 4.0.1?

If this is not blocking issue, will ship with 4.0.1. If its blocking, we
have to cancel current vote and restart it. IMHO, we should do 4.0.1 in
soon with non blocking, but important issues, we may ship it as first
release after graduation hope fully.

Please commit it master branch, then will select which one need to goto
4.0.1 and recommit it to 4.0.0 branch and will do 4.0.1. the release. WDYT?

In particular, without STRATOS-650, CLI doesn't work in

--
Lakmal Warusawithana
Mobile : +94714289692

Re: is it ok to commit fixes to 4.0.0-incubating branch?

Posted by chris snow <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lakmal, I meant 4.0.1 in my previous email.

I don't think this should stop 4.0.0.  We should probably just either
add a comment to the wiki CLI page or remove the section that
describes command line mode.

http://lnkd.in/cw5k69

Re: is it ok to commit fixes to 4.0.0-incubating branch?

Posted by Mariangela Hills <ma...@wso2.com>.
Hi Lakmal,

As suggested by Chris, I have added a note in [1].

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/STRATOS/4.0.0+CLI+Tool

Regards,
Mariangela

*--*
Mariangela Hills
Senior Technical Writer

*WSO2, Inc.*lean.enterprise.middleware.
m: +94 773 500185
w: http://wso2.com
<http://wso2.com/events/>

Posted by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>.

Posted by chris snow <ch...@gmail.com>.

http://lnkd.in/cw5k69

Re: is it ok to commit fixes to 4.0.0-incubating branch?

Posted by Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com>.

Posted by chris snow <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
Hi Chris,

No worries, we are still in the process of releasing 4.0.0-RC3. May be we
could revert this commit if needed.

Thanks

Posted by chris snow <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.