Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Bob DuCharme <bo...@snee.com> on 2001/02/09 21:03:33 UTC

creating a source tree node

I'm writing the handler for my first extension element, and I've
figured out how to get the context node from the XSLProcessorContext
and how to traverse and read the source tree, but I can't figure out
how to add a node to the source tree. The only implementation I can
find of the Node interface is UnImplNode, which is "for interal use
only" and "To be subclassed by classes that wish to fake being nodes"
(so I guess there's something less fake that I should use?)

How can I add a "<foo/>" element to the source tree so that the XSLT
processor treats it as part of the source document when transforming
the source tree?

thanks,

Bob DuCharme          www.snee.com/bob           <bob@
snee.com>  "The elements be kind to thee, and make thy
spirits all of comfort!" Anthony and Cleopatra, III ii