Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Vik Rubenfeld <vi...@nextgencentral.com> on 2018/05/01 17:55:45 UTC

Disable maven-checkstyle-plugin ?

I’m getting the following error during build on Heroku:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-checkstyle-plugin:2.16:check (verify) on project server-async: Failed during checkstyle execution: Unable to find suppressions file at location: etc/config/checkstyle-suppressions.xml: Could not find resource 'etc/config/checkstyle-suppressions.xml'.

Is there a way to disable maven-checkstyle-plugin from inside my project?

Thanks in advance to all for any info.

Best,

-Vik

Re: Disable maven-checkstyle-plugin ?

Posted by Vik Rubenfeld <vi...@nextgencentral.com>.
I added:

    <properties>
        <checkstyle.skip>true</checkstyle.skip>
    </properties>

...to the pom.xml file, at the top level, above dependencies, and below description. I then re-ran `git push Heroku master`, but got the same error.

What am I missing?

On 5/1/18, 11:12 AM, "Karl Heinz Marbaise" <kh...@gmx.de> wrote:

    Hi,

    On 01/05/18 19:55, Vik Rubenfeld wrote:
    > I’m getting the following error during build on Heroku:
    >

    > [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-checkstyle-plugin:2.16:check (verify) on project server-async: Failed during checkstyle execution: Unable to find suppressions file at location: etc/config/checkstyle-suppressions.xml: Could not find resource 'etc/config/checkstyle-suppressions.xml'.
    >
    > Is there a way to disable maven-checkstyle-plugin from inside my project?
    >
    > Thanks in advance to all for any info.

    First this is a question for the users list and not for the developers
    list ...

    Anyway...

    You can disable it via
    <properties>
       <checkstyle.skip>true</checkstyle.skip>
    </properties>

    or giving the option via command line:
    -Dcheckstyle.skip=true
    but this will deactivate the check for the whole project...which I'm not
    sure you want to do...

    Kind regards
    Karl Heinz Marbaise

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.