Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by ManuPK <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/15 12:54:18 UTC

Page is getting cached in Tapestry 5.0.18

I am using tapestry version 5.0.18. In my application the tapestry pages are
getting cached. ie, when I hit the  URL to load the page the request is not
reaching the server. I need to press ctrl+F5 to get the valid page.

Is it because of the page pooling? Or how can I make sure always the request
is reached the server and the fresh data is loaded to the page.

Re: Page is getting cached in Tapestry 5.0.18

Posted by Muhammad Gelbana <m....@gmail.com>.
If the request isn't initiated by the browser to the server, then shouldn't
this be a browser issue ?

On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 12:54 PM, ManuPK <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using tapestry version 5.0.18. In my application the tapestry pages
> are
> getting cached. ie, when I hit the  URL to load the page the request is not
> reaching the server. I need to press ctrl+F5 to get the valid page.
>
> Is it because of the page pooling? Or how can I make sure always the
> request
> is reached the server and the fresh data is loaded to the page.

*Regards,*
*Muhammad Gelbana
Java Developer*

RE: Page is getting cached in Tapestry 5.0.18

Posted by "Wechsung, Wulf" <wu...@sap.com>.
Hi Manu,

It helps to set the following meta tags:

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="-1">

Kind Regards,
Wulf

Posted by ManuPK <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Thiago and Wulf's for helping.

I don't get this issue every time but happens too-often in some machines and
pages. Is there any settings possible in  browser?

If I use the "no-cache" attributes even t he images will not be cached? Will
it create any performance issue?

-----
Thanks,
Manu PK