Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com> on 2002/02/08 14:05:03 UTC

Re: stratum.configuration and ExtendedProperties [WAS Re: cvs commit: jakarta-turbine-torque/src/java/org/apache/torque/oid IDBroker.java]

On 2/7/02 10:48 PM, "Kelvin Tan" <ke...@relevanz.com> wrote:

>> James Taylor <jt...@4lane.com> writes:
>>
>>> The configuration package contains an interface for accessing config
>>> data. One implementation of Configuration is properties based, which is
>>> similar to / based on ExtendedProperties. However using the
>>> configuration package allows use of other (yet to be implemented)
>>> configuration formats. An XML one is planned (the empty class is already
>>> there). In the future others will exist, or users can implement their
>>> own, and configure fulcrum, torque, or turbine with it.
>>
>> +1.  The .properties-style Configuration implementation should
>> subclass ExtendedProperties.
>>

> hmmm. I don't know about that. Currently PropertiesConfiguration already
> subclasses BaseConfiguration. What could be done would be to extract
> ExtendedProperties' method signatures into an interface and have
> PropertiesConfiguration implement that?

I believe the path we're moving down is the right one. The
ExtendedProperties needed some work anyway. It would also be nice to make
the configuration package compatible with the 1.4 Preferences API.

> Kelvin
>
>> --
> <ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
>> For additional commands, e-mail: