Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Stefan Schlösser <ss...@intermediate.de> on 2004/09/15 14:56:55 UTC

Problems with outer join

Hi,

I have some problems using the setOuterJoinPath interface.

Assuming 4 chained tables linked via foreign key each with a 1: *
cardinality e.g.

customer - project - order - entry

When doing a report query retrieving data from all tables (starting from
entry) I want to set outer join for
order and customer but not for project.

If I set as path "customer" everything is fine, an outer join is
generted only for the last part. When adding "order" results in an outer
join for all tables.
This yields an incorrect result since I have a criteria set on table
project (the part I do not want to outer join).

How can I set an outer join for only parts of a path ?

Cheers,
   Stefan