Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Martin Perez <mp...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/26 20:54:55 UTC

Comet stats

Hi,

For the activity seen in the last weeks it seems definitely clear that Comet
is hot topic.

Anyways, I've been playing now for some days with Tomcat 6 and Comet. No
substantial tomcat related problems as far as I know, so great job.

My scenario is quite simple. A desktop application opens a persistent
connection with a web application. This web application holds the connection
open and streams objects to the client. When the client receives 1000
instances of these objects the connection is closed.

Ok, so my question is, has anyone performed any stats about the number of
connections that can be hold in scenarios like these? I´m currently trying
to find the maximum number of connections that a given server (sorry now at
home and don´t remember the concrete numbers) can support changing the
number of available threads. Until this point I found that with only 1
thread tomcat seems being able to manage 700 persistent connections (again
based in that concrete configuration).

I will be still doing work around topics like this the next days but I
really would like to know people experiences about comet and what we can
expect from it regarding scalability.

Kind regards,
Martin