Posted to dev@superset.apache.org by Ville Brofeldt <vi...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/02 10:51:25 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Superset (incubating) 0.36.0 based on Superset 0.36.0rc3

Hello Superset Community,

This is a call for the vote to release Apache Superset
(incubating) version 0.36.0.

The release candidate:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/superset/0.36.0rc3/

Git tag for the release:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-superset/tree/0.36.0rc3

The Change Log for the release:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-superset/blob/0.36.0rc3/CHANGELOG.md

public keys are available at:

https://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/superset/KEYS

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until the necessary number
of votes are reached.

Please vote accordingly:

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Thanks,
The Apache Superset (Incubating) Team

Re: Suggested/Supported Druid connector (Was: Re: [RESULT] [VOTE] Release Apache Superset (incubating) 0.36.0 based on Superset 0.36.0rc3)

Posted by Luca Toscano <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi William,

it does yes! We have a lot of charts configured with the "deprecated"
Druid datasources, will try to migrate users to SQLAlchemy as much as
possible.

Luca

Posted by William Barrett <wi...@preset.io>.
Hi Luca,

Posted by Luca Toscano <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi everybody,

Posted by Ville Brofeldt <vi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks to everyone that participated. The vote to release
Apache Superset (incubating) version 0.36.0 based on 0.36.0rc3 is now
closed.

The vote PASSED with 5 binding +1, 1 non binding +1 and 0 -1 votes:

Binding votes:
- Grace
- Daniel
- Craig
- Evan
- Max

Non binding votes:
- Gaurav

A few notes on known issues with this Release Candidate:
- When rendering a TableViz with the legacy Druid connector, a cryptic
error message is raised if the query doesn't return any data. A PR #9480 to
address this is pending final review and merging. As this is affecting a
deprecated feature in Superset, this was not regarded as a blocker for this
release.
- A bug in the new Row Level Security feature has been identified, with a
fix PR #9365 pending final review and merging. As this is an experimental
feature and hidden behind a feature flag, this was not regarded as a
blocker for this release.
- The TableViz "emit filter events" feature is currently disabled, and has
been since the version 0.34. While this is an inconvenience for those
relying on this feature, it is not working in the current stable 0.35.2
release, hence should not block the 0.36 branch.

We will work to complete the release process, and are actively working
towards resolving all issues raised above and elsewhere in upcoming
releases.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Superset (incubating) 0.36.0 based on Superset 0.36.0rc3

Posted by Luca Toscano <to...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luca Toscano <to...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luca Toscano <to...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luca Toscano <to...@gmail.com>.
Hi everybody,

Posted by Grace Guo <gr...@airbnb.com.INVALID>.
+1. binding

Airbnb just deployed a release with very similar cut.

Grace

Posted by Maxime Beauchemin <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Evan Rusackas <ev...@preset.io>.