Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Karimou LAWANI <k7...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/17 15:20:36 UTC

Using Jmeter with Java Server Faces (Urgent help needed)

Hi all,

I want to stress test  a Java Server Faces based application...
I have tried to use Proxy to automatically record a test plan using
Jmeter.But nothing happens i.e I got no results.
However I have seen on internet a tutorial which describes the use of Jmeter
with struts by the mean of Proxy.
Have anyone ever tried to use Jmeter to stress test a Java Server Faces
based application?If yes, please tell me how.
If no, could you give me a hint about some tools which I can use to do the
job.
Moreover, I m looking for some tools which offer possibility to write some
test scripts and possibility to assert results from the server.
Thanks you in advance for your quick replies.
Karimou

Re: Using Jmeter with Java Server Faces (Urgent help needed)

Posted by Karimou LAWANI <k7...@gmail.com>.
Thx Ivan for your answer,

I have already used the canoo Webtest for functional testing of my JSF
application.
Now,I want to make stress test for the application.
I do appreciate your idea of running several webTest instances concurrently
to simulate load.
My question is: How to measure some statistical data such as: Throughput,
deviation....that Jmeter offers?
I think Canoo WebTest doesn´t offer such features.I m right?
Is there any other tools which can be combined together with Canoo WebTest
tool to make stress testing?
Thx in advance for your reply.
Karim