Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Arved Sandstrom <as...@accesswave.ca> on 2002/04/24 00:34:10 UTC

background-image patch v0.03 in CVS

What it says. It builds, and I ran a few simple tests.

I'll be standing by to do any further fixup work or to add more related
features.

Regards,
AHS
______________________________
Arved Sandstrom
Sr Software Developer
Platform Products Group
Halifax R&D Office
Hummingbird Ltd

Re: background-image patch v0.03 in CVS

Posted by Christian Geisert <ch...@isu-gmbh.de>.
Enrico Schnepel wrote:
> Hello Michael,
>
> I've just updated my cvs tree and the error still appears to me.
> :-(

A 'build.sh clean' and then a build.sh should fix this.
(I had the same error ;-)

> I am using java 1.3.0_02 on a PII / linux (SuSE 7.2)
>
> thanks
> Enrico

Christian

Re: background-image patch v0.03 in CVS

Posted by Enrico Schnepel <en...@gmx.de>.
Hello Michael,

I've just updated my cvs tree and the error still appears to me.
:-(
I am using java 1.3.0_02 on a PII / linux (SuSE 7.2)

thanks
Enrico

Am Dienstag, 30. April 2002 08:02 schrieben Sie:

Posted by Enrico Schnepel <en...@gmx.de>.
Sorry - forgot to attach

Enrico

Am Donnerstag, 25. April 2002 21:41 schrieben Sie:

Posted by Michael Gratton <mj...@recalldesign.com>.

--
Michael Gratton <mj...@recalldesign.com>
Recall Design <http://www.recalldesign.com/>

Re: background-image patch v0.03 in CVS

Posted by Enrico Schnepel <en...@gmx.de>.
Hello Mike,

Posted by mj...@recalldesign.com.
> Would it be possible to implement background-image as one image
> containing  the small image X times stacked side by side and top to
> bottom. The problem  is if the image is very small it took a very long
> time to display it in  acrobat reader.

It should be possible, but I'm not sure how feasible it is. You could either
concatenate the images together on a single large image in Fop, and hand
that to the renderer, or you could ask the renderer to take an image and
tile it over an area, allowing the renderer to optimise it as much as it can.

IMHO, the latter approach would be the better way to go, so it is then up to
the renderer as to whether or not it can render the background as one large
image or as many smaller ones, depending on the target format's capabilities.

As I said, I'm not sure how feasible this is for the PDFRenderer, as I'm not
terribly familiar with PDF's in general. Perhaps a PDF guru could shed some
light here?

> On a second file I am getting the message:
> [ERROR] BodyAreaContainer::getNextArea(): Span attribute messed up
>
> What does this mean?

Good question. I've encountered this before, but given I can't remember what
caused it or what I did to make it go away, so it can't be too important.. 8)

If you can send me a minimal test case, or (preferably) open a bug on this
issue, assugn it to me and attach the test case to that, I'll take a look at it.

Mike.

Re: background-image patch v0.03 in CVS

Posted by Enrico Schnepel <en...@gmx.de>.
Would it be possible to implement background-image as one image containing
the small image X times stacked side by side and top to bottom. The problem
is if the image is very small it took a very long time to display it in
acrobat reader.

On a second file I am getting the message:
[ERROR] BodyAreaContainer::getNextArea(): Span attribute messed up

What does this mean?

Thanks Enrico

Am Mittwoch, 24. April 2002 00:34 schrieben Sie: