Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Stefano Fornari <st...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/01 12:29:39 UTC

script-maven-plugin: suport for JSR223

Hi All,
I needed a plugin to run JavaScript scripts and I ran into
script-maven-plugin. It looks that id does most of what I need, but I
would need to extend it anyway to allow the evaluation of more than
one script. Looking at the documentation and code, I noticed, it seems
a bit outdated and supports BSF 2.x only.
In the JDK 1.6, JSR223 is implemented and provides already the Rhino
JavaScript engine implementation. I was therefore wondering if it
makes sense at all to develop a script-maven-plugin 2.0 that supports
JSR223 and drops support for BSF (who wants to use BSF engines can
keep using 1.0-SNAPSHOT). I would develop such version and contribute
it to the project if Tomasz is fine with it. The alternative is to
develop a separate plugin, but it would be a pity to fragment this
simple mojo.

What do you think?

Stefano

--
Ste

Re: script-maven-plugin: suport for JSR223

Posted by Stefano Fornari <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi Siegfried,
here you find what I've done so far. If you think it could make sense,
I can set up a git repository until Tomek gives us directions.

NOTES:

1. I have removed the parent section from the pom, I could not find it
on any repository
2. I did not change the site yet.

Any feedback is welcome.

Ste

Posted by Stefano Fornari <st...@gmail.com>.
It looks like my prev message got stopped because of the attachment...

Hi Siegfried,
here (http://github.com/stefanofornari/script-maven-plugin) you find

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>.
Same here .... :-)

Posted by Stefano Fornari <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tomek,

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
rather than always invoking the scripts in the same jvm as used to run
maven, if you add support for toolchains, you could fork a toolchains
defined jvm so that maven can be run from one jvm and the script from
another

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>.
Hi Stephen,

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tomasz Pik <to...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stefano Fornari <st...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 9:55 AM, Stefano Fornari
<st...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...] If this is ok for you, do you know which directory
> scanner shall we use?
Got it: org.codehaus.plexus.util.DirectoryScanner

Posted by Stefano Fornari <st...@gmail.com>.
Yes, I know; that would not be a limitation for me, therefore is not
something I would spend time on. But if you feel we should have it,
maybe it is a piece you can take care of. How does it sound to you?

BTW, as you will see the current implementation is straightforward.

On a different topic, wrt implementation, I was thinking of using the
standard maven directory src/main/scripts as root for the directory
scanner, so that we do not really have to specify a base directory and
we can use includes and excludes to evaluate a subset of the files.
What do you think? If this is ok for you, do you know which directory
scanner shall we use?

Ste

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>.
Hi Stefano,