Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by "Goorden Thomas (Dolmen)" <Th...@UCB-Group.com> on 2004/10/01 13:46:04 UTC

Connecting james to an Exchange server

Hi,

I've hit a snag while connecting James to our Exchange servers via
fetchmail:

"Message could not be delivered due to an error determining the remote
domain."

Appearantly, James can log on and is able to "see" the messages, but is
unwilling to process it further because it can't determine the remote
domain. I've tried just about any configuration for "remoteReceivedHeader",
but no setting seems to help. Looking at the messages themselves (directly
via JavaMail), it appears that there is indeed no remote domain listed in
the message headers, there is only one "Recieved: by ..." line. This means
our exchange server does not give complete "Received:" headers.

Is there any way to disable the automatic checking of the remote domain?
I've tried setting <remoteReceivedHeader index="-1"/> or simply ommitting
the tag, but that does not seem to do the trick (although the documentation
seems to suggest this approach).

Regards,
Thomas Goorden

Legal Notice: This electronic mail and its attachments are intended solely
for the person(s) to whom they are addressed and contain information which
is confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure, except for the
purpose they are intended to. Dissemination, distribution, or reproduction
by anyone other than their intended recipients is prohibited and may be
illegal. If you are not an intended recipient, please immediately inform the
sender and send him/her back the present e-mail and its attachments and
destroy any copies which may be in your possession.

RE: Connecting james to an Exchange server

Posted by Photane - JSH/CMB <em...@photane.com>.
Try James 2.2.1 RC, which incorporates Fetchmail fixes.

http://cvs.apache.org/dist/james for the current test build.

JSH