Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Vikram Darsi <VD...@advaoptical.com> on 2020/04/08 02:57:23 UTC

Karaf generates dump file upon receiving HUP signal

Hi Team

Using Karaf 4.2.6

Want to understand why karaf listens to HUP signal? and why is it handled to
generate dump-<date>.zip
files?

One more observation in karaf 4.2.6
1. the time when the dump-<date>.zip is generated in KARAF_HOME folder,
there is also a file in KARAF_TMP folder with name heapdump*.prof. Over a
period of time the disk space is completely occupied with the files.

We are yet to understand who is sending HUP signals to our application
running on Karaf.

Is there a way to disable the diagnostic boot feature? diagnostic core would
be enough for our application.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Vikram