Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Anurag Gujral <an...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/25 16:55:04 UTC

Using cassandra as key /value store

Hi All,
          I am  designing an application where I  need to store data as
key-value pair without the present need to use column/super-column family
stuff.
Does my use case fits Cassandra. My traffic will be 70-80% read traffic.The
latency requirements are 100ms.

Thanks
Anurag

Re: Using cassandra as key /value store

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
Cassandra gives you a superset of simple key/value, so why not?

reddit is using Cassandra like this, fwiw.