Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Nuno Guerreiro <nv...@yahoo.com> on 2002/06/05 13:32:38 UTC

Calling a secure Web Service via HTTPS

I'm trying to set up a Web Service client via HTTPS,
but the problem is that I'm behind a firewall and
although I've already set up the JVM environment
(https.proxyHost, https.proxyPort, and installed
JSSE), when I try to read any URL via HTTPS, the proxy
returns HTTP/1.1 200 OK, instead of HTTP/1.0 200 OK,
which is what JSSE expects to receive and this results
in an IOException.

This problem is mentioned in an article in JavaWorld
and included is sample code to solve it. But since I
used a WSDL to generate the client stub, I wouldn't
like to dive through the generated code and change the
underlying communication. Besides, that seems a
daunting task. I think I would have to change some
Axis client classes.

Does anyone see a better way?

Many thanks,

Nuno Guerreiro