Posted to user@ant.apache.org by jo...@epost.de on 2001/05/23 15:06:37 UTC

Optional task: script

Hi,

I have got a question concernig the optional task 'script'.
Besides the file 'optional.jar' in my ANT_HOME/lib directory, do I need
anything else to get this task working?
Whenever I execute it I get the following error:

Could not create task of type: script. Common solutions are to use taskdef
to declare your task, or, if this is an optional task, to put the optional.jar
in the lib directory of your ant installation (ANT_HOME).

My build file looks like this:
<script language="perlscript" src="conf.pl"/>

What am I doing wrong? I couldn't find any more information in the
documentation, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Jochen

Der clevere Infobote - Shopping-Tipps bequem abonniert. Jetzt neu bei http://www.epost.de

Re: Optional task: script

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
jochen dost <jo...@epost.de> wrote:

> I have got a question concernig the optional task 'script'.  Besides
> the file 'optional.jar' in my ANT_HOME/lib directory, do I need
> anything else to get this task working?

Yes. You need BSF and maybe additional jars for the scripting language
you want to use (not sure about Perlscript).

Stefan