Posted to dev@slider.apache.org by "John D. Ament" <jo...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/05 02:27:35 UTC

Hi Slider

This is your shepherd stopping by.  wow it looks like you've been busy so
far!  This is great mailing list traffic.  It looks like you've done a
release.  Has your community grown in any way? Any new committers or PPMC
members?

John

Re: Hi Slider

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.
fixed!

On 5 August 2014 20:55, Jon Maron <jm...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Can’t seem to log in to wiki site, so only one minor fix if someone else
> can:
>
> - Replace "we have some contributed some logos” with "we have some
> contributed logos”
>
> Otherwise looks good
>
> — Jon
>
> On Aug 5, 2014, at 3:43 PM, Sumit Mohanty <sm...@hortonworks.com>
> wrote:
>
> > LGTM.
> >

> > On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 5:42 AM, Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> ​Here's the report
> >>
> >> https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/August2014
> >>
> >> ...if anyone has any changes, please patch the report before it ships
> >>
> >> -Steve
> >>
> >> --
> >> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> >> NOTICE: This message is intended for the use of the individual or
> entity to
> reader
> >> of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
> that
> >> received this communication in error, please contact the sender
> immediately
> >>

> > --
> > CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> that
> immediately

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Hi Slider

Posted by Jon Maron <jm...@hortonworks.com>.
Can’t seem to log in to wiki site, so only one minor fix if someone else can:

- Replace "we have some contributed some logos” with "we have some contributed logos”

Otherwise looks good

— Jon

On Aug 5, 2014, at 3:43 PM, Sumit Mohanty <sm...@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> LGTM.
>

> On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 5:42 AM, Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>
> wrote:
>
>> ​Here's the report
>>
>> https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/August2014
>>
>> ...if anyone has any changes, please patch the report before it ships
>>
>> -Steve
>>
>> --
>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Hi Slider

Posted by Sumit Mohanty <sm...@hortonworks.com>.
LGTM.

wrote:

> ​Here's the report
>
> https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/August2014
>
> ...if anyone has any changes, please patch the report before it ships
>
> -Steve
>
> --
> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Hi Slider

Re: Hi Slider

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>.
On 5 August 2014 12:14, John D. Ament <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Steve,
>
> Sounds like you're on track at least.  Even noise is better in some cases
> than silence.
>
> I noticed that you only had dev@ and commits@ for mail aliases.  Perhaps
> you could have an issues@ created to keep down some of the noise from the
> general population?  Sometimes even just adding a users@ will drive people
> to subscribe, since they're not a developer on the suite.

we'd chosen not to have that split, but if you think we should then it's
easy enough to set up

> Don't forget to get your report in place by tomorrow!

I'll get on that ... nobody had volunteered

> John
>

> On Tue, Aug 5, 2014 at 4:56 AM, Steve Loughran <st...@hortonworks.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi John
> >
> > We've been busy, though nearly all the engineering is still our (small)
> > Hortonworks team. And the current suite of JIRA actions is me moving to a
> > new sprint and closing down a set of issues as WONTFIX .. more noise than
> > signal.
> >
> > 1. We're not getting many external bug reports. That's always a metric of
> > takeup
> >
> > 2. We are getting some external involvement on the list, and we've even
> > just had a set of submissions on logos:
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLIDER-257 ... things like that
> and
> > doc improvements are always a great way for people to get started in a
> > project.
> >
> > 3. I'm giving a talk at apachecon EU in November, where I'll be trying to
> > recruit users...that's still a while away.
> >
> > Finally, I'm on the twill dev list, as part of our proposal was "see how
> we
> > can work together there". I actually presented on a basic Twill app at
> > berlin buzzwords (
> > http://berlinbuzzwords.de/session/secrets-yarn-application-development )
> > and had to patch a couple of things there to get it to work on Java 8.
> >  Otherwise I'm just tracking dev and occasionally updating on Hadoop/YARN
> > details.
> >
> > -Steve
> >

> > On 5 August 2014 01:27, John D. Ament <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Slider
> > >
> > > This is your shepherd stopping by.  wow it looks like you've been busy
> so
> > > far!  This is great mailing list traffic.  It looks like you've done a
> > > release.  Has your community grown in any way? Any new committers or
> PPMC
> > > members?
> > >
> > > John
> > >

> > --