Posted to dev@celix.apache.org by Alexander Broekhuis <a....@gmail.com> on 2012/06/20 11:31:17 UTC

Building Device Access

Hi Pepijn,

Follow up on the Device Access messages

> Done. I committed the code and added the device access sub directory
> to the main CMakeLists.txt.

Did you try to build it? It doesn't build for me... Seems you only added to
code to the repo, without changing the include paths and link libraries.

Please test and make sure committed code compiles.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis

Re: Building Device Access

Posted by Alexander Broekhuis <a....@gmail.com>.

> @Alexander: Do you still have a build problem ?

Yup, it now works.

I'll try to commit some dependency solution (based on Sascha's idea) later
today.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis

Re: Building Device Access

Posted by Pepijn Noltes <pe...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 12:09 PM, Alexander Broekhuis
<a....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yeah I did build it. For me building and running the example works fine.
>>

> In the build files you setup a link directory to a directory in the source
> root called "framework/lib". Furthermore libraries are used
> as: ${CELIX_LIBRARY} which isn't set by anyone.
>
> Can it be that you either forgot to commit something, or still have the old
> device access structure mixed with Celix?
>
> With CMake and Device Access being a subproject, there is no need to set a
> link directory or create variables for project libraries. So the
> "link_directories" should be removed, and the ${CELIX_LIBRARY} etc should
> be renamed to simply the library name. CMake sets up the link paths
> correctly.

Strange, you are correct ${CELIX_LIBRARY} is should be renamed, I
changed this. I'm still not clear why everything was building on my
system... I did a clean checkout of the Celix and used the
device_access.zip attached in the JIRA issue.

Re: Building Device Access

Posted by Alexander Broekhuis <a....@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Alexander Broekhuis

Re: Building Device Access

Posted by Pepijn Noltes <pe...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alexander,

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 11:31 AM, Alexander Broekhuis
<a....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Pepijn,
>
> Follow up on the Device Access messages
>

>> Done. I committed the code and added the device access sub directory
>> to the main CMakeLists.txt.
>>

> Did you try to build it? It doesn't build for me... Seems you only added to
> code to the repo, without changing the include paths and link libraries.
>
> Please test and make sure committed code compiles.

Yeah I did build it. For me building and running the example works fine.

Could you do the following and post the errors?
cd build
cmake ..
make deploy_device_access_example
cd device_access/deploy/device_access_example/
sh run.sh

Thanks,
Pepijn