Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Bing Li <lb...@gmail.com> on 2018/12/11 08:52:02 UTC

Any Templates Available to Write a Proposal?

Dear everybody,

I would like to join the Apache Incubator. During the past eight years, I
programmed a complicated system which aimed to implement some new
fundamental features of the information sharing over the Internet. Now the
lines of code of the project reach to 620000. During the procedure, I
invented some important APIs and code-level design patterns which help
developers program distributed systems over the Internet in a generic way.
Now I am still working on the project. The source code and relevant
tutorials are submitted to GitHub.

https://github.com/greatfree/Programming-Clouds

I notice that I need to write a proposal before I could join. Any templates
in Word are available for the proposal?

Thanks so much!
Best regards,
Bing Li

Re: Any Templates Available to Write a Proposal?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
Hi,

On Tue, Dec 11, 2018 at 9:52 AM Bing Li <lb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...I notice that I need to write a proposal before I could join. Any templates
> in Word are available for the proposal?...

General information is available at http://incubator.apache.org/ and
prior proposals are at
https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ProjectProposals

Note that in general we ask for projects to come in with an existing
community, even if that's quite a small one, to demonstrate that there
is interest beyond a sole author.

-Bertrand