Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Nicolò Boschi <bo...@gmail.com> on 2021/12/06 23:38:10 UTC

Arquillian Cube backward compatibility integration tests don't work

Hi all,

I found out that all the integrations tests under tests/backward-compact
were not triggered with Maven (they were silently skipped)
With Gradle, we now run these tests but they don't work; I think (but not
sure) it is due to a bug in Aquillian Cube engine.

Instead of fixing them, I'd like move to TestContainers framework which has
a broader support and usage. The migration is pretty easy

What do you think?

More context here: https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/issues/2930

Nicolò Boschi

Re: Arquillian Cube backward compatibility integration tests don't work

Posted by Nicolò Boschi <bo...@gmail.com>.
The PR is ready for review https://github.com/apache/bookkeeper/pull/2937

In the end I haven't dropped Arquillian Cube but now they work and they're
attached to the build and triggered in GH checks

--
Nicolò Boschi