Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Andrew Musselman <An...@cwu.EDU> on 2005/08/19 19:50:21 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_auth_ldap

I have read that mod_auth_ldap comes "out of the box" in Apache 2.0 and
up, but I'm not sure how to enable it.

Is it as simple as adding something like this to httpd.conf:
LoadModule ldap_auth_module libexec/apache2/mod_auth_ldap.so

Or are there other steps?  I don't see it in the FreeBSD ports tree.

Thanks,
Andrew

Andrew Musselman
andrew@cwu.edu

>>> sanguis@xs4all.nl 8/19/2005 10:20:08 AM >>>
> I have apache running on my Windows 2000 Machine with SSL.  Runs OK,
> but in order to start apache with SSL I must start it up in a dos
> window.

Remove all 'IfDefine SSL' things in your httpd.conf, and the thing
should
use SSL automagically.

If you don't want this, and have Apache as service, you can give extra
parameters (like -DSSL) in the service properties.

Joost