Posted to user@ctakes.apache.org by "Miller, Timothy" <Ti...@childrens.harvard.edu> on 2019/01/16 15:58:30 UTC

Re: Question about negation [EXTERNAL]

It uses an SVM model. The training data is from a project called SHARPn, it is notes from Mayo Clinic with a variety of note types and specialties represented.

As for the example, is it a real example that someone wrote "Deny hepatitis"? That sounds more like a command than documentation of a negated concept ("denies" or "denied" would seem more common?). Even if that is a real example, I think it's unusual enough that there are probably not examples of "Deny X" in the training data.

Tim

Posted by ouyeyu panyu <ou...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot, Timothy.
I really appreciate your help.