Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by ght230 <gh...@163.com> on 2017/02/22 03:13:42 UTC

what is the message guaranteed level about distributed messaging

I think there are 3 message guaranteed levels.

1. one message will be received at least once.
2. one message will be received exactally once.
3. one message will be received at most once.

I want to know what is the message guaranteed level about distributed
messaging.

Re: what is the message guaranteed level about distributed messaging

Posted by 郭海涛 <gh...@163.com>.
messageservice.rar
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/n10893/messageservice.rar>
I am trying to use IgniteMessaging with service grid.
I subscribe for messages in service implementation and want there is only
one service instance running in the Server Node.

Step 1: Start 2 server Nodes(there is only 1 service instance running, it
will listen for the message);
Step 2: Start one client to send message.
Step 3: Kill the one server in which the service(listen for the message) is
running.
After step 3, I found the service will be transfered to other Server Node,
but in this while, some pieces of message missed.

Do you know how to avoid this happen?

Please refer to the attachment for my code.

Re: what is the message guaranteed level about distributed messaging

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
If you're talking about IgniteMessaging API, then it's at least once.

-Val