Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Tom Scheel <to...@habitat.org> on 1999/01/21 20:29:34 UTC

os-windows/3740: installer does not finish;httpd.conf does not read from registry

>Number:         3740
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       installer does not finish;httpd.conf does not read from registry
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Brand new clean install. I got 1.3.4 off of apache.org and used the setup (typical). No problems reported. However, it didn't work and I noticed a lot of files .conf in the .tmp directory. So I moved those over to .conf. When I ran it from the start menu, no log file created. So I went to DOS prompt. There I got errors on line 93 "serverroot must be a valid directory". The registry entry was there, and as I played with it I could see that the DOS error message was reading from the registry. But it wouldn't move to the next error until I put the actual path in the httpd.conf file. I had the same problem with Document Root "DocumentRoot must be a directory". My guess is that httpd.conf is not reading the registry entry.
Clean install of NT version. Verify that installation completes (no files in .tmp) and that serverroot and document root can remain "@@serverroot/?" - if so then its unique to my install.
>Fix:
No.