Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org> on 2020/01/09 15:14:56 UTC

Re: [hackathon] maven archetypes

On Sat, 2019-10-05 at 23:32 -0500, Daniel Klco wrote:

(snip)

> I've put together a simple project archetype for Sling CMS here, but
> I'd
> wonder if it'd be similar to back it into the overall
> sling-project-archetype as a separate content option from the sample
> content. Options for sample content like:
>
> all - keep all the sample modules
> default - keep the current sample modules
> slingcms - keep the slingcms modules
> none - delete all sample modules
>
> Do you all think that'd be workable?

I guess it's a matter of complexity, in terms of implementation, as
Maven archetypes are limited. We also should not add user-visible
options unless really needed.

I think it would be interesting to have some shared infrastructure
between the two archetypes, but I'm not sure how that can be
accomplished without greatly increasing complexity and the testing
burden. Thoughts welcome :-)

Thanks,
Robert