Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jim Collings <jl...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/10 18:52:40 UTC

Interceptor doesn't forward

I want to send a user to the welcome page if they don't have something
set in their session.

I have an interceptor that works fine otherwise.  It returns either
invocation.invoke() OR it returns Action.LOGIN.  Problem is that I
can't get the LOGIN result to map properly. How is this done?  I've
tried specifying a global-result in the struts.xml in the package but
no dice. It still doesn't send the user to the welcome page, instead
it prompts for userid/password which is not at all what I had in mind.

Anybody got a clue regarding this?  A friend says it is related to
global forwards.

Jim C.

Re: Interceptor doesn't forward

Posted by Jim Collings <jl...@gmail.com>.
Yes.

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@googlemail.com>.
2009/9/10 Jim Collings <jl...@gmail.com>:
> I think I am getting my syntax wrong for the global result. How do you
> specify a global result that is an action?

User redirectAction
http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/redirect-action-result.html

Regards
--
Lukasz
http://www.lenart.org.pl/

Re: Interceptor doesn't forward

Posted by Jim Collings <jl...@gmail.com>.
I think I am getting my syntax wrong for the global result. How do you
specify a global result that is an action?

Jim  C.

Posted by Mitch Claborn <mi...@claborn.net>.