Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu> on 2018/05/18 16:26:39 UTC

[Notice] Java 6 and 7 users: TLS 1.1 being discontinued on Central

In June, in an effort to raise security and comply with modern
standards, the insecure TLS 1.1 protocol will no longer be supported
for SSL connections to Central. This should only affect users of Java
6 that are also using https to access central, which by our metrics is
less than .2% of users.

Some early versions of Java 7 will need parameters to enable TLS 1.2.

The details about why, when and what you need to do are documented at
the link below. As questions come up, we will continue to update this
faq.

If there is specific information required for non-maven build systems,
please send it along and we will include that as well.

https://central.sonatype.org/articles/2018/May/04/discontinue-support-for-tlsv11-and-below/

--Brian Fox
Apache Maven PMC
CTO, Sonatype