Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Rajesh Pethe <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2004/10/15 11:59:19 UTC

Using mod_perl on foreign host...

Hi,

I'm new to mod_perl and I'm looking to develop a set of mudules for my site which I'm looking to host on a foreign server. I want to know if there is any dificulties involved in achieving this as mod_perl modules need some extra configuration parameters in the httpd.conf.

Please clear the clouds ;)

Regards
Rajesh

eps com estem <gg...@mixmail.com> wrote:

This is not a technical question, but now that more-than-600MHz PDA are just attacking our
wallets it is curious to know if there is any plan to port both apache and modperl to
palmOs / pocketPc machines.
Since i was running my linux+apache2+mp2 in an old pentium at 266MHz with no kind of
problems, i guess this is totally factible and that it's rather a matter of time.

There was an old apache-to-windowsCe port, does anybody know any news about that?

Re: Using mod_perl on foreign host...

Posted by Perrin Harkins <pe...@elem.com>.
On Fri, 2004-10-15 at 05:59, Rajesh Pethe wrote:
> I'm new to mod_perl and I'm looking to develop a set of mudules for my
> site which I'm looking to host on a foreign server. I want to know if
> there is any dificulties involved in achieving this as mod_perl
> modules need some extra configuration parameters in the httpd.conf.

This is entirely dependent on what your ISP allows you to do and how the
modules you want to use are configured.  If you have some modules in
mind, and you know the limitations of your ISP, please ask a more
specific question.

- Perrin