Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Paula McDowell <pm...@hotmail.com> on 2008/01/23 16:44:03 UTC

FW: DailyRollingFileAppender for a Struts Web Application using WAS 6.0 and Struts 1.1

Hi, all. Is there a way to set a DailyRollingFileAppender outside of a log4j.properties in a struts application? My company’s website is running in a mainfame environment with multiple WAS instances for each region ie., development, test, and production. This type of architecture requires my log file to be environment specific i.e. /temp/dev/log or /temp/prod/log. I could have a log4j.properties for each environment, but don’t really feel good about that approach.

I’ve created a StartUp plugin that will create a log file using a variable defined as a WAS Resource Environment Entry. The plugin reads the variable and thus creates and names the log file appropriately. I have yet to figure out how to instantiate a DailyRollingFileAppender that will roll this file and create a new log at the beginning of each day.

Thanks,

Paula

RE: DailyRollingFileAppender for a Struts Web Application using WAS 6.0 and Struts 1.1

Posted by Paula McDowell <pm...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks.  I'll give it a try.

http://biggestloser.msn.com/

Re: FW: DailyRollingFileAppender for a Struts Web Application using WAS 6.0 and Struts 1.1

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.