Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by awhelan <aw...@syrres.com> on 2009/05/27 19:03:10 UTC

Exposing an HTTP (GGI/RESTFul) service in servicemix

Hello,

I have an existing piece of software. It is a RESTful service web
application written using the org.restlet framework. It deploys as a servlet
in a WAR file. I am wondering if you servicemix veterans can give me some
insight about the best way to expose this through servicemix.

I was able to expose it throught the BEA/Orace ESB and now I am looking to
expose it using Fuse 3.4.0.2 (and am not finding the documentation helpful
in exposing a web application (WAR) based service in fuse. It all seems
geared towards SOAP based web services and JMS based services.
Even tips on exposing a CGI service/servlet would be helpful.

Any help suggestions would be appreciated.

Re: Exposing an HTTP (GGI/RESTFul) service in servicemix

Posted by awhelan <aw...@syrres.com>.
I should also add that Fuse 3.4.0.2 is based off of servicemix 3.3

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@gmail.com>.
L.S.,

CXF has support for JAX-RS, so you might be able to use that inside a
bean but I don't think we've already integrated that in our own CXF
components.  Another option would be to create your own Marshalers for
the servicemix-http component.

But I think the easiest way to invoke this kind of service at the
moment is by using the servicemix-camel component and create Camel
routes that use the camel-http component
(http://camel.apache.org/http.html).  This Camel component basically
allows you to send any kind of HTTP request and gives you the response
so you can start working with that too.

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen
Open Source SOA: http://fusesource.com